I am very excited to announce I have been nominated for a Leibster Award by Samantha at foodflavorfascination. Thank you so much! I’m very new to the blogging game and I do recognise there is an element of spamming involved in the idea, but it’s actually great to find new and interesting blogs which may not have a huge readership; us bloggers need to stick together, especially the little ones!! It’s also really nice to be recognised for my small amount of work!
So the rules are:
Liebster Award Rules and Requirements
1) Post eleven facts about yourself.
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3) Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
4) Go to their page and tell them.
5) Remember, no tag backs.
Here are eleven facts about me:
- I cooked my first dinner party when I was nine.
- I was a vegetarian until went to university; but it was roast chicken, not bacon, which turned me.
- I play the piano, very badly.
- I am very short-just 5 foot 1 1/2-that half is very important to me.
- I collect matches-not in a pyromaniac way, just nice boxes!
- I’m a bit too obsessed with my nails-if one chips even a little, I have to start them all again
- I am studying to become fluent in Italian.
- I hate snakes.
- I have banned myself from watching TV talent shows.
- My favourite colour is blue.
- I am always hungry-just to clarify, I’m not starving myself, I am just very greedy!
The questions I was asked;
- What’s your favourite TV show?
- Naturally, I love most cookery programmes, but I am slightly obsessed with anything featuring Yotam Ottolenghi.
2. Do you have a special talent?
- I would like to say it was cooking-it’s one of the only things I feel like I can do better than some people and that I am knowledgeable about.
3. Where would you go for a dream vacation?
- Anywhere in Italy.
4. Who is your hero?
- My grandmother.
5. What is your ultimate burger?
- I have tried a lot of burgers and have failed to like any of them-they just don’t do it for me! maybe that’s one for the blog!
6. What is your dream job?
- Travel and food writer!
7. Do you have any pets?
- I love dogs passionately, but do not have one at the moment.
8. What was/is your favourite subject in school?
- English Literature and languages.
9. If you could go back in time, what era would you go to and why?
- Renaissance Italy-so much art, culture and innovation. It must have been a great time to live through.
10. What is your favourite dish?
- Any kind of pasta-any at all!
11. What’s one thing you love about yourself?
- The fact that most hats suit me-strange but true!
The questions for my nominees:
- What is your favourite food?
- What is your signature dish?
- What is your best memory?
- What do your dream about most often?
- Who is your embarrassing celebrity crush?
- What is your favourite word and why?
- Give us a foodie tip
- Give us a travel tip
- Do you have any annoying habits?
- Recommend a very obscure, but interesting website
- What is the most interesting or bizarre statistic you have ever heard?
And finally….. my nominees:
- The Greedy Magpie
- Marina Eats
- James’s Recipes
- Christina Wilson Sweet Nothings
- Antonio Violi Photography
- Stirring Constantly
- Feasting Freds
- Wandering Dakota
- Find The Details